Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sunbeam Ice Cream Maker, Product Review

 Rival 1 Quart Gel Canister Ice Cream Maker Model GC8101-WN
Do you ever stumble upon something that is just a plain ole good deal? Last week I was in Target grabbing some last minute items for the County Fair.  As I was strolling through the aisles I noticed a clearance section and had to check it out...there sat an ice cream maker for only $13.00!!! WOW, how could I pass that up?  Did I need one?  NO, but I bought it anyway!

Today my daughter and I tried it out.  We made the vanilla ice cream recipe and added frozen raspberries, mini marshmallows and chocolate chunks!  Now, if I had read the directions properly I would have added the extras AFTER it was done mixing, but I added them before, which caused the ice cream to turn a lovely shade of raspberry red, and I like that better anyway since now it's raspberry ice cream with marshmallows and choc. chunks!

I would definitely buy this little machine again, the ice cream whips up quickly, you just need to remember to keep the canister in the freezer for the next time you want to make a batch.  It doesn't make a lot, just 1 quart, just enough for a dessert and a small batch makes making more fun since you can always try something new, the possibilities are endless!

I've tried ice cream makers in the past, and have never been quite as happy and in the past I spent quite a bit more than $13!  I will be keeping this one and we'll see how many different flavors we can come up with!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments, thanks for stopping by!