Saturday, July 31, 2010

Book Review: In a Heartbeat

In a Heartbeat: Sharing the Power of Cheerful Giving


Have you seen the movie The Blind Side?  Well, if you loved the movie, In a Heartbeat, by Leigh Anne and Sean Tuohy along with Sally Jenkins is the book for you!  This book is written by the real family that is portrayed in the movie with excerpts from each family member as well as actors Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw.  We all know what we heard and saw in the movie, but this book takes the story to a new level.  Learn what makes the Tuohy family click, why they do what they do and how their past shaped who they are today.

The Tuohy family has always left their door open to children in need, what was different about Michael, why did he stay forever while others did not?  I loved how the story included the thoughts of Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw and what they thought about the family...these two characters got to know the family and truly became them in the movie because of the work they put into the characters.  Real family pictures are also included in the book which I always enjoy, they seem to make the real-life family more 'real'!

I recommend this book, even if you have not seen the movie, you will enjoy the book.  This is an all around good story about a wonderful family.


*Thanks to the B&B Media Group I was given a copy of this book to review.  My thoughts are my honest opinion and I have not been compensated in any other way for my review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments, thanks for stopping by!