ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Facts about Alice
* Born in Osaka, Japan and lived in Japan for 18 years
* Went to Kyoto International School and Canadian Academy
* Majored in Social Work and graduated in 1983 from Eastern Mennonite University
* Worked at a group home for disadvantaged kids outside of Philadelphia
* Taught English and Culture Orientation at a refugee camp in the Philippines
* Taught English as a Second Language in Japan
* Speaks and teaches on Writing the Heartache
* Has three kids on earth, and one in Heaven
* Recently got married to Carl on 2/7/09
ABOUT THE BOOK
There's one specific property Jackie dreams of purchasing: the Bailey Place, a fabulous old home where Jackie spent many happy childhood afternoons, a place that has now fallen into disrepair because of its outrageous price tag.
When Jackie meets handsome Davis Erickson, who holds the key to the Bailey Place, Jackie is sure God has answered both her prayers. But as Jackie learns some disturbing details about Davis's past, she begins to question her own motivation. Will she risk her long-held dreams to find out the truth?
If you would like to read the first chapter of Hatteras Girl, go HERE.
What a fun book! The characters in this story are full of spunk and attitude. Hatteras
Girl is a book with situations that are very real to life and could be a very ho hum read, but Alice Wisler adds such humor, and wonderful characters that this story becomes one that is very enjoyable! I can't imagine having relatives that expect you to get married or at least have a ring on your finger by the end of the year, therefore setting you up on one date after another, sounds terrible! The blind dates are quite funny and when Jackie falls for Davis, you think all is going to end well, but there is more in store for the reader! This is a colorful story and I recommend it!
**I received copies of this book to review from CFBA as well as Bethany House, I was not compensated in any other way for this honest review.