Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Book Review: The Witness, by Josh McDowell



The Witness, by Josh McDowell is a fast-paced thriller!  I generally read at night and this is a book that kept me up at night wanting to read more.  Meet Marwan, a security expert...while working with multi-millionaire Rafeeq Ramsey  he becomes the hunted.  Did Marwan kill Rafeeq, and his daughter while holding the wife hostage?  What about dead bodies left across Europe and North Africa, did Marwan kill them as well?  The Skeleton, inspector Lemieux would like everyone to believe the worst.

While running for his life Marwan questions God and the reality of the Bible, as circumstances worsen he begins to question his lack of belief, then he meets Dalia, does he risk her life as well?  Does Marwan tell her the truth?  As the web of deceit and the struggle to survive intensifies so does Marwan's need to learn more and Dalia is just the person to help Marwin find the light.  Will it be too late, will Dalia's family be the next hit?

This was an excellent book, it kept me on edge, wondering what would happen next.  Sometimes the truth will set you free, and sometimes running from the truth will bring you to a new truth, the message in this book is as strong as the plot itself!

**Tyndale House Publishers provided me a complimentary copy of this book for review.  I was not compensated for my review and my thoughts are purely honest and my own.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I have not read a fiction book from Josh McDowell yet, I'll have to put it on my to read list, thanks for the review.

    Tammy - http://www.threedifferentdirections.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, it was a great book, something different!

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments, thanks for stopping by!