Friday, June 18, 2010

Book Review: Scars and Stilettos, by Harmony Dust


Harmony Dust writes about her transformation from a broken, lost child to a strong woman helping others. Harmony is kicked out of her home at an early age, has a boyfriend that does nothing but use her for his own needs and ends up working as a dancer in a strip club while putting herself through college.  The life that Harmony led could certainly have driven her to the darkest places in the city, but yet, she was able to find a ray of hope that grew when she met a new friend and began attending church.

This is a brutally honest, and heart wrenching story that will bring you to tears, laughter and help you see that there is hope in all situations.  Harmony is now married, has children and has founded an organization which helps women realize their self-worth.  I enjoyed this book, it was an eye-opener to realize how terribly awful it is for some people, how some people are able to turn things around and come out ahead, maybe better than the rest of us.  If I were put in Harmony's shoes, I'm not so sure that my outcome would have been the same, we all have an inner strength, but how strong is it?  How deep is it, and how far will we go to realize it?

This is a great book of encouragement and one that everyone should read, a great story to share with your friends!


I would like to thank Litfuse Publicity book for providing me with a copy of this book for review.  I have not been compensated for my review and my thoughts are solely my own.

If you would like to learn more about this book and enter to win a copy please visit:
http://www.litfusegroup.com/Blog-Tours/scars-and-stilettos-blog-tour.html

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments, thanks for stopping by!