Saturday, April 23, 2011

PMD Personal Microderm Review


I received the PMD Personal Microderm At-Home Microdermabrasion System in exchange for review from the Fringe Network.  Image being able to do microdermabrasion at home instead of costly visits to the Dr.!

About the product from the website: Get the results of a professional microdermabrasion treatment in the convenience of your own home. PMD Personal Microderm is an at-home microdermabrasion system that puts the potential of younger looking skin right in your hands. Using the same technology of aluminum oxide crystals as the expensive equipment in doctor’s offices you will get the same results without spending a fortune.

The technology for microdermabrasion has been around for years, but never before has it been so easy to access at home. In just a matter of weeks, you will notice a reduction in age spots and skin imperfections, giving you more youthful, glowing skin.

For best results when using the PMD Personal Microderm, use a cell renewal or gentle skin resurfacing cream in conjunction with the microdermabrasion tool, such as Boske Molecular Repair or M2 Skin Refinish. This powerful system for skin treatment combines some of the finest serums and creams for cell renewal and skin resurfacing on the market with the enhanced results achieved through microdermal exfoliation. One without the other will not give you the significant results that both combined do. Use either the M2 or the Boske products with this tool and see for yourself how powerful this combination is. 


MY THOUGHTS:
I was so excited to receive this product, before accepting the offer I did a bit of research and read the reviews already out there on the PMD.  I have some acne scarring from problems during my two pregnancies and thought this just might be the answer.

I have used the Personal Microderm System for 3 weeks now, once per week.  If you receive this product do NOT use it without watching the product demo, this is extremely important, without watching the demo you could seriously hurt damage your skin.

The first day I used the product I was EXTREMELY careful, yet ended up with red streaks down my cheeks which ended up scabbing and some brilliant red circles on my cheekbones....I needed to attend a meeting that evening and quite a few people commented wondering what on earth happened to me.  At this point I was pretty leery since I wanted to help my skin not harm it.  It took almost a week, but my face healed up and I bravely gave myself a second treatment, it worked perfectly.  I think the trick is to be certain you only go over each section of skin only one time and be sure not to hold in one spot for any length of time.  After my third week I feel that my skin is much smoother and softer, I did notice the softness immediately.

The downside is that I can't seen to get the hang of using it on my hands, but it's a personal problem and in my opinion it is not a fault of the system.
 
There are two creams that are suggested for use with the PMD and I think it's a good idea to use them as well.  I really like the PMD and do recommend it, just use a gentle hand. 

For the few minutes it takes to use the PMD, and the results it has given me I think it is very well worth every penny.  At $179.00 it really is a bargain if you compare the price to getting the same results at a Dr. office.  

....I am currently giving away a $25 Apothica gift card which you could use towards the purchase of the PMD system, HERE's the link to the giveaway!

* I received the PMD system in exchange for review from the Fringe Network, I used this product as directed for three weeks and this is my honest opinion of the product.