It's Spring.....kind of, actually, tonight here in MN we're supposed to get 6-9 inches of snow....May 1st...and a snowstorm....something about that is SO very wrong. I'm thinking about heading back into my craft room/hibernating hole, so these free Craftsy Mini Courses are right up my alley!
Here's what you get to choose from:
- Know Your Wool: Do you wonder where your yarn comes from? Learn about different types of wool and the individual characteristics of each.
- The Hand-Painted Cake: Elevate your cake with Erin Schaefgen's freehand painting techniques. Create beautiful and edible works of art with Erin's tips and tricks.
- Creative Quilt Backs: Make the back of your quilt just as interesting as the front! Oh, Fransson! blog author Elizabeth Hartman walks you through everything you need to know to make beautiful quilt backs.
- Modern Buttercream: Learn to use buttercream like a pro! Discover the tricks and tips to construct and create a beautifully finished buttercream cake.
- Short Rows: Don't fall short because you find short rows intimidating! Learn four different techniques to creating short rows, and discover how they can make shaping a knitted garment a snap.
- Sewing Machine 911: Give your sewing machine some TLC with the help of this free course. Learn to clean and maintain your sewing machine with tips and tricks taught in this class.
- QuiltCon Lecture Series 2013: Not able to make it to Austin for the Modern Quilt Guild's inaugural QuiltCon? Watch some of our favorite lectures from the event, given by Heather Jones, Angela Walters, David and Amy Butler, Jacquie Gering, and Mary Fons.
The next 2 free Craftsy mini-courses I'm going to take are:
1. The Handpainted Cake
2. QuiltCon Lecture Series 2013
What are you going to learn? Craftsy has so many great classes that it's usually hard for me to choose!