Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Cake Decorating

Do you bake and decorate your own cakes, or do you buy them at the store?  Waaaay, back when my daughter was born I decided to take Wilton classes so I could do my own.  I thought store bought tasted awful and the decorating usually left quite a bit to be desired.  So began my journey!

I took Wilton levels 1-3 and went crazy!  My nieces and nephews love to 'order' their birthday cakes from me....they call me the 'Cake Lady'...not very original I know..but it works!


After 18+ years of cake decorating, word has spread that I make cakes, I now get occasional orders, which is kind of fun, just yesterday I posted an ad on a local face book group and received 2 cake orders within 30 minutes, kind of exciting.

So, I thought I'd share some of my cakes with you...I like to do a lot of gourmet style cakes, I highly dislike fondant, guess I'm old school that way.

Cupcakes are fun too!



How about you, do you decorate cakes?  Want to share any tips, photos, favorite flavors?  I'd love to hear from you!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments, thanks for stopping by!