Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Get ready for the holidays with Storkie!

Happy Santa Holiday Best Sellers
 



Fall is here, the morning air is becoming crisp, and we all know what’s lurking around the corner….have you started to think about the Holidays?

I always begin early, it definitely helps the stress level and lets me enjoy the Holidays! Here is my list of 10 ways to be ready for the holiday rush.

1. Think ahead, make a plan
2. Watch for sales. Pick up gifts when you see a good deal
3. Buy your wrapping paper on sale after Christmas so you’re prepared a year ahead
4. Wrap your gifts as you purchase them
5. Plan your menu ahead, buy items on sale and freeze them
6. Bake your cookies ahead and freeze them
7. If you’re having guests over night feel free to ask them to bring food items
8. Don’t wait until the last minute to send out cards, visit Storkie.com
9. Don’t worry too much about a clean house, the guests will mess it up in a hurry!
10. Relax…relax, relax

Now, just because I plan ahead it doesn’t always mean that things work out that way, life happens and even the most perfect plan doesn’t always work. Lately I’ve had a difficult time getting out cards. A few years ago they ended up being Happy New Year cards, this year I am determined to do better….I am going to visit Storkie.com and choose from their beautiful assortment of cards, much easier than making my own, which will free up more time.

I have all of my decorations stored away in green bins so I know which bins to grab, I have my holiday paper stash ready to go, along with my gift boxes all purchased at 75% off, all that’s left is the cooking and cleaning, and it’s a little early for that!

We have started a new tradition of each adult/older teen buying a $30 gift and wrapping it, then we put it in a pile and take turns grabbing a gift which we unwrap and hope no one steals…..it’s fun and full o spirit. No need to go crazy over the whole gift idea, we all have too much ‘junk’ laying around!

Another idea is to make your gifts….knit a dishcloth, bake a batch of cookies, get creative, everyone appreciates a hand made item. You can even get your kids in the spirit and let them make gifts as well!

What are your traditions? Special meals? Or do you just pack your suitcases and run away to warmer weather?




I wrote this blog post while participating in the Storkie holiday blogging program. I received compensation for my participation. All opinions are 100% mine.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments, thanks for stopping by!