Sunday, April 19, 2009

Book Review

Book: "Forward From Here"
Author: Reeve Lindberg

In the book, Forward From Here, Reeve Lindberg takes you on a journey towards the later years of life. This journey is humorous at times but yet does not make light of feelings that people can have as they get older. The first chapter is titled, "Hippies in the Hot Tub", this title alone makes you chuckle as well as Reeve's encounters with Turtles, dealings with her children, and her thoughts on drugs! Not only does Reeve open your eyes to life after 60, but her story can teach younger generations how to have a refreshing look at life as well. In Reeve's perspective it not what life deals you, it is how you deal with it, finding pockets of humor in the unthinkable.

I truly enjoyed this book. I have not yet even begun to think about turning 60, so I was not sure if I would be able to relate to this book. As I read through the book so many of the thoughts hit home. Reeve writes about things that can happen at any stage in life and while reading the book it made me realize yet again that it's our attitude which makes a difference. Not only would I recommend this book to people of any age in adulthood, but I will read it again!

1 comment:

  1. I am only five years away from that magic number and God willing I will celebrate that birthday when it comes. I found your review to be intriguing and a book that I should maybe read. I have added it my list of books to check next time I go to the book store. Thanks so much your review of this book.

    steven(dot)capell(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments, thanks for stopping by!